Tuesday, April 27, 2010

la cage aux walking.

Oh hey! It's been almost a week since I've written, and what a week it was. Not really. BUT some fun things have happened! On Saturday, I set out to walk 8 miles (just call me Eminem), which was my longest walk yet. My initial plan was to walk to Brooklyn and subway it back, but plans got in the way, so I ran errands and wandered around Central Park before walking home. I ended up unintentionally walking 11.4 miles! I didn't even realize how far it was until I got home and Google mapped it, but woah! I felt so amazingly accomplished and super delighted. It was such a beautiful day out and I had some great tunes on my iPod so it made it easy! Of course, I stopped to snap some pics...

TURTLES.

Isn't this the gazebo where Carrie gives Miranda relationship advice and is all "You're smart but you don't feel" and stuff? In the movie? No?

This is the reservoir. It is awesome.


Oh I'm sorry, am I hiking in North Carolina?

...Nope, still NYC.

So that was my really exciting 3Day news. 11.4 miles. Holla. Sunday's weather was the polar opposite of Saturday's, so I spent most of my time on my couch until going to this college fair on the Upper East Side and talking to the next cast of NYC Prep about Northwestern University. It was...an experience. I feel for kids going through the college application process right now. It is not easy, especially coming from such affluent areas and high schools. Crazy. Cray. Zy.

Last night I went to a big schmancy Sondheim tribute (hopefully the last of the 80th BDay celebrations...) which was belabored but delightful. By far the highlights were:
  1. Nathan Lane coming on with a tuba and a cello (a tribute to the evening's director, John Doyle, who is known for revivals where the cast doubles as the orchestra) and doing a fantastic bit of physical comedy before launching into a medley that included everything from "Comedy Tonight" to "Tonight" to "Ladies Who Lunch" to "I'm Still Here." I swear. At the risk of sounding ancient, young comedians just don't understand comedy like people like Nathan Lane do. Brilliant.
  2. Raul Esparza singing Being Alive. I have no words. If you haven't seen it, here's the youtube of his Tony performance. After you watch it, mop up your puddle of tears and remind yourself that this was the year David Hyde Pierce won the Tony for Curtains. Womp.
There were other good things, too. And a really awkward recorded tribute from Julie Andrews that featured her singing a verse of "Not a Day Goes By." It was strange, but hey, she's Julie Andrews.

That's about it, friends! Back on the fundraising trail, looking to get over this 33% hurdle. Oof!

Hope everyone's happy and healthy.

LOVE and Sondheim,
KFine

No comments:

Post a Comment