Thursday, April 8, 2010

and we're off! (a pre-blogger post from 3/29/10)

Well, I've started sending out fundraising letters and training, there's no turning back now! I've been having a hard time with the letters part of it. I know I am beyond lucky to have such an amazing support system in my life, and I just never want to take advantage of them, you know? Since graduating college, I've been struggling with my own financial freedom and balance, and I know how important every last penny can be. I feel awkward asking those I care about to give up any of that moolah, because I know it's not the best of times. However, as my sissy Lauren pointed out, it's not just randomly soliciting money, it's for the most amazing of causes. I've been spending some time here on the 3Day site looking at pictures from past events, testimonials from participants, etc, and it is unreal. These women are incredible! So I feel lucky to be a part of this tradition and this foundation, and when I think of it as sharing my excitement and inviting those I love to be a part of it, too, it makes a lot more sense.

Heyyyoooo heavy first blog entry!! In less intense news, I've decided to use my training to explore new neighborhoods of NYC. On my first long walk, I went south along the Hudson River and found this awesome pier that's so long, you're basically halfway to Jersey! I've also decided to walk to work at least once a week...it's a nice 2-mile stroll and should get my blood pumping early in the morning.

So that's that! Thanks for reading. I'll try to update a lot so you get your money and/or time's worth.

LOVE!

by kaitlin fine on Mon, Mar 29, 2010 @ 12:15 PM CT

No comments:

Post a Comment