Friday, April 9, 2010

anyone can walk

I'm about to leave the office to go see Anyone Can Whistle at Encores! starring Donna Murphy (I die.), Raul Esparza (I come back to life to marry him.), and Sutton Foster (Seriously? Don't even get me started. Dead again.). I AM EXCITED.

In other news, I had a delightful walk up 8th Avenue to work today and discovered that, before Madison Square Garden, it's really a delightful Ave! I always dismissed it because once you get to midtown it's pretty lameo, but before then there are some delightful little spots, including my favorite bagel place (with a $2.75 bagel/coffee breakfast special! chello!) and a place called Better Burger. I swear if I could live on burgers alone, I would love it.

Probably my favorite part of the walk, though, was West 4th Street between 7th and 8th. GAH. Gorgeous. It's so strange...those few blocks are so quiet, so calm...you forget you're in the city. It feels a little like Lincoln Park and a lot like home-y-ness. I love. I can't afford, but I love.

As I was walking in that serene delightfulness of an area, I passed by a group of paparazzi gathered at W. 4th and Charles. I got excited at the potential of a Lohan sighting, but also kind of sad for whoever they were waiting for. I mean I was in my workout pants and hoodie with no makeup and my dorky 7th grade backpack on...I was comfy, but I certainly didn't want to end up as a #snapjudgement on Jezebel. (side note: if you don't read Jez, get on it. it's like a classier, sassier Perez...). I imagined myself in a "Stars! They're just like us! They walk to work!" article and shuddered...then tweeted about it.

All in all an eventful couple of miles this morning. Looking forward to another long beautiful walk in the park tomorrow...hopefully this one won't leave me with one of the most awkward farmer's tans...ummm...EVER.

LOVE and celeb gossip,
KFine



No comments:

Post a Comment